how to select BBR congestion control in webtransport (chrome)

andy tian

Apr 12, 2022, 11:11:05 PM4/12/22
to web-transport-dev
how to select BBR congestion control in webtransport (chrome)

Yutaka Hirano

Apr 13, 2022, 2:38:47 AM4/13/22
to andy tian, web-transport-dev
There is no way currently.

Can you file a spec issue at https://github.com/w3c/webtransport/issues/new with explaining your use-case?

Thanks,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 12:11 PM andy tian <etj...@gmail.com> wrote:
how to select BBR congestion control in webtransport (chrome)

Yutaka Hirano

Apr 13, 2022, 2:40:45 AM4/13/22
to andy tian, web-transport-dev
Ah sorry, there is already a spec issue: https://github.com/w3c/webtransport/issues/365

You can express your interest there.

刘连响

Apr 13, 2022, 8:01:39 AM4/13/22
to web-transport-dev, yhi...@chromium.org, web-transport-dev, etj...@gmail.com

The chrome's WebTransport implemention does not works very well in realtime communications.

Hope we can have more control over Congestion Control in chrome.

Yutaka Hirano

Apr 13, 2022, 10:38:19 AM4/13/22
to 刘连响, web-transport-dev, etj...@gmail.com
Thank you for your feedback!

Would you tell us a bit more about your problems? Do you have any performance benchmarks? What kind of performance (latency, throughput, loss rate, etc) do you care about the most?

刘连响

Apr 14, 2022, 1:42:54 AM4/14/22
to Yutaka Hirano, web-transport-dev, etj...@gmail.com
In our use case,we want to use WebCodecs + WebTransport + Webassembly to replace WebRTC.

We compare the WebTransport version with our WebRTC version.

WebTransport version can not work very well in 20% packet loss.  Our WebRTC version can work well in 40% packet loss.

We care about the loss rate and latency.

Yutaka Hirano <yhi...@chromium.org> 于2022年4月13日周三 22:38写道:

刘连响

Apr 14, 2022, 1:44:20 AM4/14/22
to Yutaka Hirano, web-transport-dev, etj...@gmail.com
By the way  We use WebTransport's datagrams stream.

刘连响 <not...@gmail.com> 于2022年4月14日周四 13:42写道:

Bernard Aboba

Apr 14, 2022, 12:59:18 PM4/14/22
to web-transport-dev, not...@gmail.com, web-transport-dev, etj...@gmail.com, yhi...@chromium.org
What are the symptoms you are seeing?  Does the sending rate remain low after loss?  Are you encountering issues with the BBR "Probe RTT" phase?

Interactions between QUIC congestion control and realtime communications are explored in this paper: https://www.in.tum.de/fileadmin/w00bws/cm/papers/epiq21-rtp-over-quic.pdf

andy tian

Apr 15, 2022, 5:36:32 AM4/15/22
to web-transport-dev, yhi...@chromium.org, web-transport-dev, andy tian, not...@gmail.com
thank you! I want to use bbr chome  when transmitting audio data, because bbr can resist 35% loss,but cubic only 20%。

andy tian

Apr 15, 2022, 5:47:07 AM4/15/22
to web-transport-dev, bernar...@gmail.com, not...@gmail.com, web-transport-dev, andy tian, yhi...@chromium.org
I have enough bandwidth,but more than 30% loss。

when might rtp over quic be ready?
Or  is there a possibility of chrome open the BBR algorithm?