PUSH_PROMISE to initialize WebTransport connection?

Chris Morris

Dec 27, 2021, 6:53:50 PM12/27/21
to web-transport-dev
Initializing a WebTransport connection, after SETTINGS are exchanged, I'm receiving a bidirectional stream from the Chrome client, first byte 0x1 (PUSH stream), followed by what appears to be a Push ID (0x9) and then a PUSH_PROMISE (0x5) frame. I was expecting just a simple CONNECT request, which I'd send the 2xx OK back to to complete the connection. What's going on here?

Thanks

Lucas Pardue

Dec 28, 2021, 10:49:08 AM12/28/21
to Chris Morris, web-transport-dev
Hi Chris,

I'm not a Chrome engineer but this doesn't sound right. Before a WebTransport session is up, client bidirectional streams are for HTTP/3 requests and they don't start with any type. So it's more feasible that the first byte is for the HEADERS frame type that contains the QPACK encoded request. A netlog or pcap should be able to illustrate.

Cheers
Lucas