Issue 1137504 in chromium: Bluetooth scanning does. not work from a file

scheib via monorail

Oct 12, 2020, 4:25:41 PM10/12/20
to web-bl...@chromium.org
Owner: sch...@chromium.org
CC: web-bl...@chromium.org
Components: Blink>Bluetooth
Pri: 3
Type: Bug

New issue 1137504 by sch...@google.com: Bluetooth scanning does. not work from a file
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1137504

From https://crbug.com/897312#c75

Hi, I'm experimenting with this API in my thesis and it seems like it's working in console. Like if I type this code to the console of Chrome or Edge it prints "Web Bluetooth Scanning is experimental on this platform. See https://github.com/WebBluetoothCG/web-bluetooth/blob/gh-pages/implementation-status.md" to it and the confirm dialog pops up. Allowing starts logging my beacons' advertisements like a charm:
```
navigator.bluetooth.addEventListener( 'advertisementreceived', console.log);
navigator.bluetooth.requestLEScan( {filters: [{ services: [0xfeaa] }]}) ;
```
However if I call it in click event it just prints out the note and nothing happens. Any idea how to trick it to work even if only for developing during my thesis work. Using the phone is quite frustrating for me.

1. You were specifically CC'd on the issue

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings