Re: HiveTracker - Issues with Web Bluetooth connections

Jeffrey Yasskin

Oct 30, 2019, 12:44:23 PM10/30/19
to Charles Bourbonnais, web-bl...@chromium.org, Jeffrey Yasskin, scheib, pie...@hivetracker.io
https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/file-web-bluetooth-bugs is probably the best way to track down what's going wrong. The other folks on web-bl...@chromium.org may have other tips, and you can also ask on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/web-bluetooth.

Jeffrey

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 8:59 AM Charles Bourbonnais <cha...@hivetracker.io> wrote:

Hello,

We are contact you regarding some questions on Web Bluetooth for our solution. By way of background info, we are a young startup, based in Switzerland, that have developed sensors that we call BEEcon for real-time control of transport and storage conditions. Our BEEcons communicate via BLE to our platform, which is a Web based application.

We are trying to integrate your Web Bluetooth API and are having a hard time connecting to the GATT server. The BEEcons scan is functional and fast, but at the time of the association to read the data or to send parameters/commands to the BEEcon the connection to the GATT server is not done and we receive the message::

  > Connecting to GATT Server...

·         > Error: Connection failed for unknown reason.

Via an Android phone we arrive quite often to connect to the GATT sercer, but never via a PC.

Could you please give us some direction ? Let us know maybe what we need to do or what we are doing wrong  ?

Another question: Is it possible to filter and sort the BEEcons via the MAC address ?

We would really appreciate your help with these issues.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Charles

Charles Bourbonnais
CEO & Co-Founder

Swiss Tel:
+41 78 896 16 19

Skype: cbourbonnais

www.hivetracker.io

Chemin du Midi 8 | 1260 Nyon | Switzerland

signature_81419121

Before printing, think about the environment

The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the recipient named above. If the reader of this message is not the above mentioned recipient or is not acting on behalf of the respective recipient, please note that any saving, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately by e-mail if you have received such a misdirected messages, and kindly destroy this e-mail. Thank you.

Reilly Grant

Oct 30, 2019, 1:03:14 PM10/30/19
to Jeffrey Yasskin, Charles Bourbonnais, web-bl...@chromium.org, scheib, pie...@hivetracker.io
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 9:44 AM Jeffrey Yasskin <jyas...@chromium.org> wrote:
https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/file-web-bluetooth-bugs is probably the best way to track down what's going wrong. The other folks on web-bl...@chromium.org may have other tips, and you can also ask on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/web-bluetooth.

Jeffrey

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 8:59 AM Charles Bourbonnais <cha...@hivetracker.io> wrote:

Hello,

We are contact you regarding some questions on Web Bluetooth for our solution. By way of background info, we are a young startup, based in Switzerland, that have developed sensors that we call BEEcon for real-time control of transport and storage conditions. Our BEEcons communicate via BLE to our platform, which is a Web based application.

We are trying to integrate your Web Bluetooth API and are having a hard time connecting to the GATT server. The BEEcons scan is functional and fast, but at the time of the association to read the data or to send parameters/commands to the BEEcon the connection to the GATT server is not done and we receive the message::

  > Connecting to GATT Server...

·         > Error: Connection failed for unknown reason.

Via an Android phone we arrive quite often to connect to the GATT sercer, but never via a PC.

Could you please give us some direction ? Let us know maybe what we need to do or what we are doing wrong  ?

This is likely due to a platform error and collecting logs according to the instructions here will help us to diagnose. You can also send us an example device and code for further analysis.

Another question: Is it possible to filter and sort the BEEcons via the MAC address ?

What kind of filtering would you like to perform? The specification intentionally does not allow a site to filter by individual MAC addresses because that runs counter to the idea of a user intentionally choosing a particular device. I could imagine however filtering based on a MAC address prefix given that those indicate a particular manufacturer.