Taxonomy v2 ramp-up plan

Sam Dutton

Jun 20, 2023, 12:05:59 PM6/20/23
to Topics API announcements
Hi all,

Last week, we announced an updated taxonomy for the Topics API. Today, we’d like to share more detail on the rollout plan.

The updated taxonomy (version 2) will be first included in M116 and enabled on half of all clients in M116 Canary, Dev, and Beta channels. Assuming the metrics look good, we will start a small Stable experiment before proceeding to a 100% rollout.

We will continue to send updates as we reach each of these milestones.

Sam Dutton

Aug 8, 2023, 11:35:10 AM8/8/23
to Topics API announcements
Hi all,

The updated taxonomy (version 2) is now being ramped up to 50% of Chrome Beta, Dev and Canary.

Leeron Israel

Aug 25, 2023, 4:14:23 PM8/25/23
to Topics API announcements
Hi All,

The updated taxonomy (version 2) is now being ramped to 1% of Chrome Stable.

Also, we've opened a GitHub issue to collect feedback on the taxonomy v2 ramp-up plan beyond Stable 1%. We plan to discuss it in the 8/28 PACTG meeting.

Please share any feedback via GitHub, email, or in the live meeting.

Best,

Sam Dutton

Sep 20, 2023, 12:43:49 PM9/20/23
to Topics API announcements
Hi All,

Based on input from the ecosystem, here is our current plan to ramp up Taxonomy v2:
  • We are currently at 1% monitoring metrics
  • We expect to ramp up to 10% by the first week of October
  • We will hold at 10% for roughly 4 weeks
  • We expect to begin ramping up to 100% in early November

Leeron Israel

Oct 12, 2023, 5:24:50 PM10/12/23
to Topics API announcements

Hi All,

The updated taxonomy (version 2) is now ramped up to 10% of traffic.  We are currently planning to ramp up to 100% in roughly 4 weeks.

Leeron Israel

Nov 3, 2023, 1:49:24 PM11/3/23
to Topics API announcements
The updated taxonomy (version 2) is now being ramped to 100% of traffic.