Metrics for tast test resources used?

Ben Scarlato

Feb 12, 2024, 7:59:20 PMFeb 12
to tast-...@chromium.org
Hi,

Is there an existing mechanism for tracking the overall resources used by a given tast test across CQ runs?

For example, if I want to understand how many minutes per week are spent running the SELinuxProcesses tast test across all CQ runs. This would be helpful to understand, because it would help to determine how much benefit we could get by improving the test (or any other example test).

I see there's go/crosbolt, but that seems to be more for tracking averages of specific metrics across releases, rather than getting a sense of CQ resources used over a given time.

Is there an existing mechanism that could be used to get at least an estimate for this?

Thanks!

Alexander Hartl

Feb 13, 2024, 5:34:39 AMFeb 13
to Ben Scarlato, tast-...@chromium.org
I don't know of an existing mechanism, but you could query it from our results database:

SELECT
test,
started_time,
finished_time,
FROM cros-test-analytics.resultdb.cros_test_results
WHERE DATE(partition_time) BETWEEN DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL 1 WEEK) AND CURRENT_DATE()
AND image_type = 'cq'
AND test LIKE "%SELinuxProcesses%"

Ben Scarlato

Feb 13, 2024, 3:21:45 PMFeb 13
to Alexander Hartl, tast-...@chromium.org
Thanks Alex, that sounds like what I want. However, I don’t seem to have access to that table by default.

I’ve filed a request for access at http://b/325092453. Let me know if there’s another way I may be able to see the results.