Launch webserver from a remote test

Masami Hiramatsu

Feb 7, 2024, 2:23:19 PMFeb 7
to tast-users
Hello,

I would like to add some memory pressure from chrome browser during a remote test as a variant.
I thought I could use "go.chromium.org/tast-tests/cros/local/memory/memoryuser" from my service, but I couldn't because `memoryuser.NewMemoryStressServer()` requires `s.DataFileSystem()` for loading the webpage from there.
My questions are
 - how can I launch the http server in a service gRPC handler (for remote test)?
 - what happens if I add a `data` directory for a service? (where does it go?)
 - If there is no way to do, can I embed a html (with js) in the service and put it on a tempdir to run it on the browser?

Thank you,

Seewai Fu

Feb 7, 2024, 2:36:53 PMFeb 7
to Masami Hiramatsu, tast-users
>  - how can I launch the http server in a service gRPC handler (for remote test)?

You mean the service will be running on the DUT, right? Please let me know if this helps.

>  - what happens if I add a `data` directory for a service? (where does it go?)

Currently we don't support data file for service.

I am not familiar with NewMemoryStressServer. Can you import a http.FileSystem for the service?

Sorry, I can't help much here.

Seewai

Seewai Fu

Feb 9, 2024, 1:17:25 PMFeb 9
to Masami Hiramatsu, tast-users
Sorry for the late reply.

> Ah, I see. So can I send the data file from remote test to the service?

A lot of remote tests send files to the DUT. Usually somewhere in /var/tmp. Please take a look at dutfs and see if it helps.

Thanks.

Seewai

On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 9:38 PM Masami Hiramatsu <mhir...@google.com> wrote:
Hi Seewai,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 4:36 AM Seewai Fu <seew...@google.com> wrote:
>  - how can I launch the http server in a service gRPC handler (for remote test)?

You mean the service will be running on the DUT, right? Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks, yes this will help me.

>  - what happens if I add a `data` directory for a service? (where does it go?)

Currently we don't support data file for service.

Ah, I see. So can I send the data file from remote test to the service?

I am not familiar with NewMemoryStressServer. Can you import a http.FileSystem for the service?

OK, I'll try.

Thank you!

Masami Hiramatsu

Feb 11, 2024, 10:34:03 PMFeb 11