Fwd: Insertion caret blink speed

Eddy Mead

Dec 12, 2017, 6:24:48 PM12/12/17
to style-dev, Brenton Simpson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brenton Simpson <handl...@google.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:20 AM
Subject: Insertion caret blink speed
To: Eddy Mead <me...@google.com>, Alan Cutter <alanc...@google.com>

I know you can change the color of the insertion caret with caret-color.  Can you control its blink speed?

--
Regards,

Edwina Mead
Software Engineer
Google Australia

Brenton Simpson

Dec 12, 2017, 6:26:01 PM12/12/17
to Eddy Mead, Alan Cutter, styl...@chromium.org
I sent this right before she added the list.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:24 PM Brenton Simpson <handl...@google.com> wrote:
The more I think about that, the more I realize it's the wrong question.

I don't know if I should be controlling it (since the user probably expects it to be whatever they are used to). But, if it varies by platform, I'd like to know that. Perhaps there should be an env variable for blink speed. That would allow something like:

input:focus {
  animation-duration: calc(4 * env(caret-blink-rate));
}