Get absolute path from blink::FileSystemHandle?

Jacob Bandes-Storch

Sep 19, 2022, 10:39:57 PM9/19/22
to storage-dev
Hi,
I'm trying to implement a function for Electron that retrieves the absolute path to a file when passed a FileSystemFileHandle/FileSystemDirectoryHandle. More context on the desired behavior is here: https://github.com/electron/electron/pull/35604#issuecomment-1242578946

I've managed to get the FileSystemHandle object by using blink::V8DOMWrapper::IsWrapper(), blink::ToScriptWrappable(), checking GetWrapperTypeInfo() == blink::V8FileSystemFileHandle::GetWrapperTypeInfo(), and finally calling ToImpl<blink::FileSystemFileHandle>().

However, I'm still not sure how to determine the file path from the handle. I see that FileSystemFileHandle exposes a MojoHandle() method. Would there be a simple way to ask the mojo handle for its path, or could someone point me towards some files I might need to patch in order to expose the path?

Thanks in advance!