New mentor request: Clear window name for navigations that switches browsing context group

dom...@chromium.org

Feb 9, 2021, 6:01:18 PM2/9/21
to spec-m...@chromium.org, shu...@chromium.org

A new Chromium specification mentor request was submitted via the form:

Requestor email
shu...@chromium.org
API or proposal name
Clear window name for navigations that switches browsing context group
Link with background
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XpMm_pA6BlhHK5ELx8__YEl3KjPGdgdH289KR8eHugw/edit
Chrome Platform Status entry
https://www.chromestatus.com/guide/edit/5962406356320256

If you're interested in mentoring, please volunteer by replying to this email! Otherwise, dom...@chromium.org will assign someone within the next 2 business days.

Domenic Denicola

Feb 10, 2021, 12:54:18 PM2/10/21
to shu...@chromium.org, spec-mentors, Rakina Zata Amni
Hi Shuran,

Looking at your doc, it seems likely this will go smoothly (e.g., it doesn't require any spec changes). I'm happy to confirm for you that you can feel free to move to the "Prepare to ship" step for this change, without going through earlier stages.

I spoke to +Rakina Zata Amni who has done work in related areas in the past. She'd be happy to help you with preparing to ship this change, if you have any questions about e.g. preparing the Intent to Ship, or web platform test coverage, or similar. Please feel free to reach out to her with any questions!

-Domenic

Shuran Huang

Feb 12, 2021, 11:53:44 AM2/12/21
to Rakina Zata Amni, Domenic Denicola, spec-mentors
Thanks Domenic!

Hi Rakina,

The change is already implemented behind a flag, can I go ahead and send the "Intent to Ship" to blink-dev? I plan to provide the full summary when sending "Intent to Ship" for a clearer explanation.

Thanks,
Shuran

Rakina Zata Amni

Feb 15, 2021, 9:13:17 PM2/15/21
to Shuran Huang, Domenic Denicola, spec-mentors
Hi Shuran,
Yes, I think you can start an Intent to Prototype and Ship now, and I'll take a look and comment on it. Also I think I actually have some questions for you on the impl side of things - browsing context group <> site/origin is not really 1:1 in chrome, so I think there are some tricky parts that we should clarify in the I2S or even change in the code.

Thanks!