New mentor request: Local Font Access

dom...@chromium.org

Oct 1, 2020, 3:59:47 PM10/1/20
to spec-m...@chromium.org, oyip...@chromium.org

A new Chromium specification mentor request was submitted via the form:

Requestor email
oyip...@chromium.org
API or proposal name
Local Font Access
Brief description
Explainer: https://github.com/wicg/local-font-access Spec: https://wicg.github.io/local-font-access/
Chrome Platform Status entry
https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/6234451761692672

If you're interested in mentoring, please volunteer by replying to this email! Otherwise, dom...@chromium.org will assign someone within the next 2 business days.

Jake Archibald

Oct 6, 2020, 4:30:03 AM10/6/20
to Domenic Denicola, spec-m...@chromium.org, oyip...@chromium.org
I'd like to take this one on, but due to other deadlines & annual leave, I might not be able to contribute much until November. Will that work?

Jake Archibald

Oct 6, 2020, 10:25:55 AM10/6/20
to Jake Archibald, Domenic Denicola, spec-m...@chromium.org, oyip...@chromium.org
Actually, I can do a review in the next few days. Additional reviews might have to wait though. Does that work?

Victor Costan

Oct 6, 2020, 3:46:32 PM10/6/20
to Jake Archibald, Domenic Denicola, spec-m...@chromium.org, Olivier Yiptong
We'd like to submit an Intent to Prototype sometime soon. I could review the TAG review request and the Intent to Prototype for now, if that's ok.

I suspect we won't be close to an Intent to Experiment by the end of November. So, Jake can do a review pass when he gets a chance this week, and then ramp up and get fully involved before we prepare for OT.

How does this sound?

    Victor

Domenic Denicola

Oct 6, 2020, 5:09:59 PM10/6/20
to Victor Costan, Jake Archibald, Domenic Denicola, spec-mentors, Olivier Yiptong
That sounds like a great plan. Sorry about the confusion here.

Victor Costan

Oct 6, 2020, 8:17:57 PM10/6/20
to Domenic Denicola, Jake Archibald, spec-mentors, Olivier Yiptong
Speaking of confusion... I apologize, I mixed this thread with the Storage Buckets thread.

Local Fonts Access had Intents to Prototype (latest, previous flavor - Enumeration, previous flavor - Table Access). We're gearing up for an Origin Trial.

The plan remains unchanged -- Jake is already taking a look at the materials, and I'll help out as needed.

Again, sorry for the confusion!
    Victor