Can I customize push service in WebView?

Binghui Chen

Feb 27, 2017, 9:04:09 PM2/27/17
to service-worker-discuss
Hi all,
     Push Service used right now is:
     Thanks to Great Wall these two server are unreachable in China. So if browser or super applications(like Ali Pay) in China wants to provide Push Service, we must build another.
     And for some reason like easy to use and embed, in China android Chromium with WebView architecture is very popular, so here go my questions:
     1. Can Google provider some API to customise Push Service in Android WebView?
     2. Can Google opensource the source of back-end Push service?

Binghui

Qinglei Li

Mar 8, 2018, 3:02:47 AM3/8/18
to service-worker-discuss
I have the same question. Is there someone working on it?please response, thx.

在 2017年2月28日星期二 UTC+8上午10:04:09,Binghui Chen写道:

Thomas Steiner

Mar 21, 2018, 5:45:58 PM3/21/18
to qingl...@gmail.com, service-wor...@chromium.org
Hi all,

WebView does not support the Web Push Notification APIs (https://research.google.com/pubs/pub46739.html), but you could receive regular Android Notifications and then communicate with your WebView from the hosting native app.

For alternative push service providers, there is https://pushy.me/ or https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/mobile-push-baidu.html among others that apparently work in China.

Cheers,
Tom