Dangerous download blocked

Matic Dakskofler

May 30, 2024, 10:36:24 AMMay 30
to securi...@chromium.org
Hello!

I am Matic from NiceHash and we are getting a lot of user reports that our miners are getting flagged as ''Dangerous download blocked'' by several browsers.

The files are safe and signed, we did however switch signature providers and this is when the issues started to occur.

From what I can tell this means that our miners are flagged by the Google Safe Browsing database.
Our team tried resolving this by performing a Security Issues Report and requesting a Review from there, however, the Security Issues Report for our site came back with no issues detected so we can not request a review.

Can you please point me in the right direction as to how to proceed to get the dangerous download flag removed or how to request a manual review?

Thank you.

Matic Dakskofler

Support Team

matic.da...@nicehash.com

Daniel Rubery

Jun 3, 2024, 3:58:48 AMJun 3
to Security-dev, Matic Dakskofler
Hello,

The Security Issues Report is the intended place for you to request a review. It's possible this was a short-lived regression, which would explain why there are no issues detected. In that case, users should not be receiving warnings anymore.

Are you continuing to receive user reports? Have you been able to reproduce the download warning yourself?

Thanks,
Dan Rubery

Daniel Rubery

Jun 3, 2024, 3:58:54 AMJun 3
to Matic Dakskofler, Security-dev
Yes that should definitely be showing up in Security Issues. I'll file a bug internally since that's the intended path for resolving this.

+Security-dev for posterity

On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 11:42 AM Matic Dakskofler <matic.da...@nicehash.com> wrote:
Hey, thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, we are still getting user reports and we were able to replicate the issue on several browsers.

If you can, you can try downloading a file yourself and you will see the notification.

Do you have a file submission form or something, where we coudl send the files for analysis and thus remove the flag?