Issue 1523864 in chromium: [WPT] New failures introduced in external/wpt/trusted-types by import https://crrev.com/c/5256178

wpt-autoroller via monorail

Feb 1, 2024, 7:55:43 AMFeb 1
to securi...@chromium.org
Owner: ----
CC: securi...@chromium.org, voge...@chromium.org
Labels: Test-WebTest
Components: Blink>SecurityFeature
Pri: 3
Type: Bug

New issue 1523864 by wpt-aut...@chops-service-accounts.iam.gserviceaccount.com: [WPT] New failures introduced in external/wpt/trusted-types by import https://crrev.com/c/5256178
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1523864

WPT import https://crrev.com/c/5256178 introduced new failures in external/wpt/trusted-types:

List of new failures:
external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-Document-parseHTMLUnsafe.html new failing tests: https://crrev.com/c/5256178/4/third_party/blink/web_tests/external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-Document-parseHTMLUnsafe-expected.txt
external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-Element-setHTMLUnsafe.html new failing tests: https://crrev.com/c/5256178/4/third_party/blink/web_tests/external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-Element-setHTMLUnsafe-expected.txt
external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-ShadowRoot-setHTMLUnsafe.html new failing tests: https://crrev.com/c/5256178/4/third_party/blink/web_tests/external/wpt/trusted-types/block-string-assignment-to-ShadowRoot-setHTMLUnsafe-expected.txt

Expectations or baseline files [0] have been automatically added for the failing results to keep the bots green. Please investigate the new failures and triage as appropriate.

Upstream changes imported:
https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/compare/7f5cd8cc452c4dcf9fcc268d77739b15b813e3c9...71b03d2369963df0600ea229e2bd9023a1bd1499
Add tests for trusted types enforcement on setHTMLUnsafe and parseHTMLUnsafe (#44266): https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/commit/71b03d2369963df0600ea229e2bd9023a1bd1499 [affecting this directory]
Split out `text-wrap: pretty` parsing tests (#44335): https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/commit/6d6d4b158a9fb9e60369d99cf7c530349ece30ad

[0]: https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/HEAD/docs/testing/web_test_expectations.md

This bug was filed automatically due to a new WPT test failure for which you are marked an OWNER. If you do not want to receive these reports, please add "wpt { notify: NO }" to the relevant DIR_METADATA file.

1. You were specifically CC'd on the issue

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

thefrog via monorail

Feb 2, 2024, 3:17:51 AMFeb 2
to securi...@chromium.org
Updates:
Owner: voge...@chromium.org

Comment #1 on issue 1523864 by the...@chromium.org: [WPT] New failures introduced in external/wpt/trusted-types by import https://crrev.com/c/5256178
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1523864#c1

[secondary security shepherd] vogelheim@ -- could you PTAL at this issue or suggest who might be a good owner? Thanks!

vogelheim via monorail

Feb 2, 2024, 11:17:02 AMFeb 2
to securi...@chromium.org
Updates:
Components: -Blink>SecurityFeature Blink>SecurityFeature>TrustedTypes

Comment #2 on issue 1523864 by voge...@chromium.org: [WPT] New failures introduced in external/wpt/trusted-types by import https://crrev.com/c/5256178
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1523864#c2

#c1: I'm a good owner. Please assign any TT bugs to me.

Background: Trusted Types used to be Chrome-only, and now other browsers have started work on implementations of their own. This will likely result in new tests being added, and occasionally existing tests being modified where we might have inadvertently not been spec conforming. We'll fix all of those; but it may take a bit.