Re: How to allow zip files from my site

Message has been deleted

Chris Thompson

Jun 21, 2021, 5:05:26 PM6/21/21
to John DePatie, security-dev
Hi John -- It looks like the zip download is being blocked because your website is using HTTPS (so it is secure) but the link to the zip is using HTTP, so it is getting blocked as mixed content. If you change the link to be https://www.johndepatie.com/EPKJohnDePatie.zip instead it should work as expected.

Hope that helps!
- Chris

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 2:02 PM John DePatie <johnbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I'm a musician that is hosting my electronic press kit on my own website. Chrome makes it very difficult for people to download the zip file, which is very counter-productive when you are trying to sell yourself. Most of the post where I found your email address was over my head to be honest, but I'm just looking for a way to allow downloads easily without chrome blocking them. Is there a way to verify my site or something so that my users don't have to jump through hoops to get my files?

The zip at the bottom of this page is the file in question: https://johndepatie.com/EPK.html

Thanks!

John DePatie

Joe DeBlasio

Jun 21, 2021, 5:05:58 PM6/21/21
to John DePatie, securi...@chromium.org
Hi John,

You can fix this issue by changing the link to the zip file on your page to start with "https" instead of "http". You can read more about this policy here.

Hope that helps,
Joe

John DePatie

Jun 28, 2021, 12:49:53 PM6/28/21
to Security-dev, John DePatie
Thank you all for the help, that sorted it out.

Sorry to post in the wrong place!

John DePatie

Jun 28, 2021, 12:50:18 PM6/28/21
to Security-dev, jdeb...@chromium.org, securi...@chromium.org, John DePatie
Sorry to trouble you again. I thought I was sending an email initally. Now my link, that should be private, is coming up in a google search from this thread. i tried deleting the parent comment but these replies are still here.  Any change this can all be deleted? Thanks again for the help!

Andrew Pomorski

Jun 28, 2021, 12:52:11 PM6/28/21
to John DePatie, Security-dev, jdeb...@chromium.org
It’s a mailing list. This is the way it’s supposed to behave so no worries.