requestAutocomplete has been removed from Chrome

Navarr Barnier

May 5, 2016, 2:50:03 PM5/5/16
to requestAutocomplete
https://codereview.chromium.org/1931043002/#ps110001

I learned about this due to one of my Chromium bugs being closed as "WontFix"

Why on Earth has this feature been removed?  Lack of adoption?

Zach Koch

May 5, 2016, 3:40:11 PM5/5/16
to requestAutocomplete
Hi Navarr -

Yeah, requestAutocomplete just hasn't seen the adoption we'd hoped from either developers or other browser vendors. We're focusing our efforts on a new browser payment API, paymentRequest, which borrows a lot of ideas from rAc. We're developing paymentRequest in the W3C, so we'd love any feedback you have based on your experiences with rAc.

Thanks,

Zach

Navarr Barnier

May 5, 2016, 3:49:07 PM5/5/16
to requestAutocomplete
That's understandable.

I myself don't have any experience, but I do hope whomever else is part of this group will Chime in.

I did have a feature request open with Magento to include it in Magento2 - which would hopefully have lead to much better adoption, but they didn't prioritize it very high. https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/1022