Contribution in Chromium

Sourabh Sharma

Mar 14, 2023, 12:36:11 PM3/14/23
to python
Hello Everyone !

I am Second Year Student of Computer Application.
I want to do contribution in chromium through GSoC. i need help how should i start my putting my knowledge to help in develop.
I am Very good at Python, JavaScript and Node Js.  and Much more According to Dependencies.
Please any Senior Guide me where can i start and learn much more about the development of this software.

Thank you!

Dirk Pranke

Mar 14, 2023, 3:05:10 PM3/14/23
to Sourabh Sharma, python
Hi Sourabh,

Thanks for your interest in Chromium. https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/ gives a bunch of pointers for how to dive into things, so I'd take a look at that page and follow the links around.

Given that nearly all of Chromium is written in C++, you might have a challenge getting into the actual browser codebase.

But, there is a lot of infrastructure written in Python, and some infrastructure in JavaScript as well.

I suggest in addition to starting with the above link, you send an email similar to this one to infr...@chromium.org . Folks there might have more ideas for how you can contribute to things.

Best,

-- Dirk