First Time Contributor

Sneha Singh

Mar 29, 2024, 6:42:43 AMMar 29
to python
I am Sneha Singh a 2nd year student and a beginner to open source development . I want to contribute to this project but have a few doubts . I read the first time contribution docs where it mentions you have to include your name and email in Author file can you help me with how to do that.

PhistucK

Mar 29, 2024, 10:39:46 AMMar 29
to Sneha Singh, python
Did you get the source code of the project yet? If not, do that first.
Create a new branch for your changes (I think you usually add yourself to AUTHORS along with your first change, not separately).
Then just add your name and e-mail to (local project root folder)/src/AUTHORS, which has plenty of examples.
(To see its current state online without getting the source - https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:AUTHORS - which is a very handy tool to quickly search and cross-reference the code base)
Then commit it, run git cl upload to create a change list (for code review) and on Gerrit (the command will emit a link to Gerrit), add reviews per the suggestions.

PhistucK