Chrome build failures with 'google.protobuf' ModuleNotFoundError

Hai Shang

May 4, 2021, 2:49:37 PM5/4/21
to python, Mike Frysinger, Josh Nohle
Hi chrome-python group,

I'm getting chrome build failure from last week with failure msg "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'google.protobuf'".

I talked with teammates and they are not seeing the same failure. I reset to their commit number and deleted out_eve/Release, recreated out_eve/Release, but still seeing the same error.

It's weird that my python3 can find and use google.protobuf while, in the autoninja build process, the python3 command failed with can't find the same module 'google.protobuf'.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hai

Dirk Pranke

May 4, 2021, 4:01:31 PM5/4/21
to Hai Shang, python, Mike Frysinger, Josh Nohle
I've no idea offhand; I'll follow up with you off-list.

-- Dirk