How to Video stream using QUIC?

Siva Kesava

Jan 22, 2017, 8:15:14 AM1/22/17
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi all,
        I am trying to compare the performance of QUIC over video streaming. So is there a way to set up a server and client and stream a video from the server to client with QUIC as an underlying protocol? I have seen the toy server and client and it was useful to the point of static file transfers alone. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks
Siva Kesava

Pavan K

Apr 16, 2017, 5:29:57 AM4/16/17
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi Siva,

Did you make any progress on this?  Any pointers that were useful to you would be helpful.

/Pavan

Sreeja Mohan

Apr 24, 2017, 5:01:28 PM4/24/17
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi,
    Could you stream a video using QUIC? Any help is appreciated..

Thanks,
Sreeja

Thomas De Keulenaer

May 24, 2017, 3:57:03 AM5/24/17
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi,

I recently succeeded.

I am using regular Chrome/Chromium as the client and either proto-quic or Caddy (with quic-go) as the server. Both work, but there is a bug in quic-go concerning the congestion control so there are a lot off stalls.
I use the DASH.js as an adaptive streaming client, but I don't see why another method would not work.

Basically if you can display a regular web page, you are almost there.  You just have to add the correct headers to any video/mpd/javascript/xml/html file you need with the correct X-Original-Url header and file-size!
I wrote a python script, but you can also host the page over http (with python http.server) and get thhe headers with wget.
Once you have a correct cache with all headers, the streaming works as expected

Einav Hollander

May 30, 2017, 2:54:59 AM5/30/17
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi Thomas,

Can you share an example? I'm trying to do that with proto-quic and I'm experiencing problems when trying to add additional mp4 file (in the same folder where the index html file located). should I raise additional instance of quic server to serve the mp4 file?

Thanks,
Einav

孙显达

Apr 17, 2022, 3:04:42 AM4/17/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, Einav Hollander
Hey ,Einav,
I have the same question with you ,did you work it ?

Zhenliang Liao

May 19, 2022, 2:39:45 AM5/19/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, wenka...@gmail.com, Einav Hollander
please refer to quic transport

lalan kumar ram

Aug 30, 2022, 4:44:38 AM8/30/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, Einav Hollander
Hey  Einav,
I have the same question if you solved your query, could you share your solution?