General questions for play-services-cronet v18.0.1 and beyond

Cheng Han

Sep 27, 2022, 1:38:29 PM9/27/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi all,

We are considering adding QUIC via Croent library in our Android app. There are a couple of questions required to be addressed before making final decisions.

1. The latest Cronet version in Google play service is 18.0.1, wondering what's the corresponding QUIC version, is it the draft 29 or the standard V1 of RFC 9000? The latest update I can find is https://blog.chromium.org/2020/10/chrome-is-deploying-http3-and-ietf-quic.html and we want the latest standard version, which is RFC 9001. If it supports standard version, is there a way for me to specify QUIC version?
2. Are there any missing QUIC features or does this version play-services-cronet v18.0.1 currently supporting all major QUIC features? something like 0-RTT, connection migration etc.
3. If there are missing QUIC features in this version, is there any plan to release future versions to include these features?
4. Can I would assume the play-services-cronet is keeping updating with Chromium update? Would you mind share some links on the future releases for Chromium that could include the roadmaps for integrating the V2 of QUIC etc?

Thanks,
Cheng