Call for Short/Industry (Position) Papers: ACM Green Multimedia Systems 2023 (co-located with ACM MMSys 2023)

samira afzal

Mar 21, 2023, 5:14:40 AM3/21/23
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
*** Please accept our apologies for cross-postings ***

C a l l   F o r   S h o r t/I n d u s t r y (P o s i t i o n)   P a p e r s

GMSys 2023: First International ACM Green Multimedia Systems Workshop
7 – 10 June 2023, Vancouver, Canada

https://athena.itec.aau.at/events/events-gmsys23/

The threat of climate change requires a drastic reduction of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in several societal spheres. Thus, this also applies to reducing and rethinking the energy consumption of digital technologies. Video streaming technology is responsible for over half of digital technology’s global impact. There is rapid growth, also now with digital and remote work has become more mainstream in the amount of video data volume, processing of video content, and streaming, which affects the rise of energy consumption and its associated GHG emissions. Further details are available at https://athena.itec.aau.at/events/events-gmsys23/.

At this time, we call for short/industry (position) papers regarding Green Multimedia Systems for
    - Content Generation, Processing & Provisioning
    - Video Delivery
    - Video Consumption & QoE

Deadline: March 31, 2023, AoE
Paper format: up to two pages (+ one page for references)
Submission site: https://gmsys23.hotcrp.com/

Contact gms...@itec.aau.at with any questions or concerns.