Question about connection flow control

yang zhang

Aug 4, 2023, 4:18:31 AM8/4/23
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi:
  I'm using chromium quic code to upload data to server. In the process, I have a question about connection flow control. The quic version is RFCv1
  Client request method is POST. In some scenarios, the client may close the stream when sending data. The data that have been sent by client, but not receive ack from server,  will be count by connection flow controller I read chromium code, it is Yes.
  So, if client always close stream when sending data. There will be a lot of data, that have be count by flow controller, but server not receive. This will cause client block?

Thanks!

yang zhang

Aug 4, 2023, 8:00:29 AM8/4/23
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, yang zhang
Hi:
   I have seen the stream close function. The RST frame have final size field, that means sender's max data offset. The field ensue that both endpoints have the same connection level flow control state.
But the receiver code must have the same implement with chromium code.
Thanks!