Compile and run QUIC (server and client) code

Mamoun Mansour

Aug 16, 2015, 3:09:29 PM8/16/15
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
how to compile and run compile the QUIC code , from this link https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/net/quic/&ct=rc&cd=1&q=quic&sq=package:chromium on Ubuntu ?? or is there a module contain all this codes?

Ryan Hamilton

Aug 16, 2015, 5:13:02 PM8/16/15
to proto...@chromium.org
Howdy,

You should be able to follow the instructions here:

Cheers,

Ryan

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Mamoun Mansour <mamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
how to compile and run compile the QUIC code , from this link https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/net/quic/&ct=rc&cd=1&q=quic&sq=package:chromium on Ubuntu ?? or is there a module contain all this codes?

Mamoun Mansour

Aug 28, 2015, 3:26:48 PM8/28/15
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
What i want t do is to download QUIC codes and run on my Linux machines, i do that and when compile i have the "attached" errors and i want to solve it.

Thanks
Notes On QUIC.odt

Robbie Shade

Aug 28, 2015, 3:32:15 PM8/28/15
to proto...@chromium.org
QUIC can only currently be built from the Chromium source (i.e. you can't download the individual QUIC files and expect them to compile easily). Try following the instructions here:

Once you have Chromium checked out, you should be able to build QUIC with the following command:

$ ninja -C out/Debug quic_server quic_client

(from https://www.chromium.org/quic/playing-with-quic)

Mamoun Mansour

Sep 5, 2015, 3:40:27 PM9/5/15
to proto...@chromium.org
Iam using Ubuntu 14.04 64bit O/S, and when type the command fetch chromium : the command not found.

Any Help ??

Gaetano Carlucci

Sep 5, 2015, 3:45:59 PM9/5/15
to proto...@chromium.org
Did you export the depot_tool path? check it here

 export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/depot_tools

Mamoun Mansour

Sep 8, 2015, 3:12:10 PM9/8/15
to proto...@chromium.org
Thanks Gaetano its the problem

Arthur Zinyemba

Oct 3, 2019, 3:14:04 AM10/3/19
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
i have been trying build the quic client and server after building the chromium web browser. but i dont not know where to compile this line.
ninja -C out/Debug quic_server quic_client.
your fast response will kindly be appreciated.

Nick Harper

Oct 3, 2019, 2:51:13 PM10/3/19
to proto...@chromium.org
Run "ninja -C out/Debug quci_server quic_client" from your
chromium/src directory - the same place you ran ninja to build
chromium.

Arthur Zinyemba

Oct 3, 2019, 7:56:30 PM10/3/19
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
when i run it, it brings this error "ninja: Entering directory `out/Debug'
ninja: fatal: chdir to 'out/Debug' - No such file or directory
"
when i check in the src folder it only contains the out folder but only has one folder which is default.

Nick Harper

Oct 3, 2019, 8:51:26 PM10/3/19
to proto...@chromium.org
Try that with 'out/Default' (or whichever directory is in out) instead.

Arthur Zinyemba

Oct 8, 2019, 12:34:14 AM10/8/19
to proto...@chromium.org
Hello everyone

Everytime i try to run the quic client it connects to the server but the request fails.
how can i resolve this?
Screenshot provided below.

Screenshot from 2019-10-07 21-13-42 (2).png

Nick Harper

Oct 8, 2019, 1:19:25 PM10/8/19
to proto...@chromium.org
As described on https://www.chromium.org/quic/playing-with-quic, you need to prepare test data for the server to serve, and pass the quic_response_cache_dir command line argument to the server to point at the directory containing the test data.

phil Lin

Oct 9, 2019, 3:35:53 PM10/9/19
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group
Hi,

I want to ask about I can run quic_client and quic_server successfully.
But how can I get the QUIC performance just like https://github.com/google/quic-trace example.qtr.
How can I get the rtt, congestion window, etc?

Thanks

Phil

Nick Harper於 2019年10月8日星期二 UTC+2下午7時19分25秒寫道:

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 8:51 AM Nick Harper <nha...@chromium.org> wrote:
Try that with 'out/Default' (or whichever directory is in out) instead.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 4:56 PM Arthur Zinyemba
<arthur....@gmail.com> wrote:

> when i run it, it brings this error "ninja: Entering directory `out/Debug'
> ninja: fatal: chdir to 'out/Debug' - No such file or directory
> "
> when i check in the src folder it only contains the out folder but only has one folder which is default.
>

> On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 3:09:29 AM UTC+8, Mamoun Mansour wrote:
>>
>> how to compile and run compile the QUIC code , from this link https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/net/quic/&ct=rc&cd=1&q=quic&sq=package:chromium on Ubuntu ?? or is there a module contain all this codes?

lalan kumar ram

Aug 18, 2022, 1:05:41 PM8/18/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, arthur.z...@gmail.com
Hello,
I am facing the same problem(file not found)
lalan@smrworkstation2:~/QUIC/depot_tools/src$ ./out/Default/quic_client --host=127.0.0.1 --port=6121  --disable_certificate_verification https://www.example.org
Connected to 127.0.0.1:6121
Request:
headers:
{
  :method GET
  :scheme https
  :authority www.example.org
  :path /
}
body:

Preliminary response headers: {}

Response:
headers:
{
  :status 404
  content-length 14
}

body: file not found
trailers: {}
Request failed (404).
Please help me to resolve this issue.

lalan kumar ram

Aug 19, 2022, 12:46:57 PM8/19/22
to QUIC Prototype Protocol Discussion group, nha...@chromium.org
Hello
Please help me to prepare test data for the server.
When I try to run quic_client it is showing following error