Web Exposed Layout Test with dynamic property

Dave Tapuska

Aug 13, 2018, 10:22:38 AM8/13/18
to platform-predictability
So I'm working on the hrefTranslte attribute and the attribute on the IDL is supported when Google API keys are present in the build. So basically the hrefTranslate appears as a property only on Official Google builds (because that is where the translation engine would appear)

How should I do this for the Layout Tests for the web exposed tests? I thought about adding my own virtual test suite but that seems like overkill. Do we have other attributes on the DOM that do similar things that I can take as an example?

dave.

Philip Jägenstedt

Aug 16, 2018, 4:10:33 AM8/16/18
to Dave Tapuska, platform-predictability
I can't find hrefTranslate or hrefTranslte in cs.chromium.org, so I take it no code has landed. Will it be controlled as a runtime_enabled_feature? If so, I think a virtual test suite is the way to go. If it's part of a group of features all controlled by a single --official-google-chrome flag or similar, than having a virtual test suite for that configuration as a whole is probably best.

Dave Tapuska

Aug 20, 2018, 9:18:39 AM8/20/18
to Philip Jägenstedt, platform-predictability
I believe I was able to figure this out. What I've done (in CL 1175031) is make the content_shell indicate it has a translation service. This would test about the presence of the field.  For now since it is an experimental feature the stable webexposed virtual test suite tests that it doesn't exist. But when I goto ship this attribute I'll need to add a virtual test suite (and indicate the service isn't available) and ensure the attribute doesn't exist.

dave.

Philip Jägenstedt

Aug 20, 2018, 11:48:41 AM8/20/18
to Dave Tapuska, platform-predictability
Alright, [RuntimeEnabled=HrefTranslate] it is, then a virtual suite will do the trick later.