shared polling of devs/users

Ojan Vafai

Feb 5, 2018, 6:26:02 PM2/5/18
to platform-predictability
Disclaimer: I'm just thinking out loud and brainstorming. I'm not sure I buy that any of the ideas I suggest below are actually good or useful. :)

https://twitter.com/roblifford/status/960590460526964736 is an interesting idea. Now that we're increasingly in a place where web platform tests are expected, it gives more confidence APIs are implemented interoperably. But it doesn't actually give confidence that they'll be implemented in the same ballpark timeframe across browsers.

It might be time to start thinking about moving h trying to get browser vendor's aligned on the order they build things. I don't think we could do anything draconian here, but maybe starting with just having a shared location to share information about developer demand? Every browser has their own way of doing this right now and I don't think we should try to change that so much as provide a shared alternative in cases where it's something simple like a survey.