Promote PPB_VideoDecoder 1.1 to Stable

Bill Budge

Sep 28, 2015, 8:15:53 PM9/28/15
to Pepper-dev
Recently ARC ran into a problem with PPB_VideoDecoder not allocating enough textures to allow videos to play. The video decoder was allocating just enough textures to decode the video, but not enough for the rendering system to composite without locking up. The fix is to allow clients to pass in a 'minimum picture count' value when initializing the decoder, so enough textures are created in the decoder's pool to avoid this.

The API change is pretty small - just adding a single parameter to the Initialize function. It seems like something we should expose to all plugin developers.

Here's the CL to promote to stable:

Here's the original bug:

Raymes Khoury

Sep 28, 2015, 8:24:22 PM9/28/15
to Bill Budge, Pepper-dev
Thanks Bill :) Should any media or graphics folks be looped in?

Bill Budge

Sep 28, 2015, 8:37:05 PM9/28/15
to Pepper-dev, bbu...@google.com
Good question. Suggestions? Otherwise, I'll try to figure out who to ask.

Raymes Khoury

Sep 28, 2015, 9:07:18 PM9/28/15
to Bill Budge, Pepper-dev, Antoine Labour, Dale Curtis
+piman@
+dalecurtis@

I'm not exactly sure but Antoine or Dale might know if there are any concerns to be worried about.

Dale Curtis

Sep 28, 2015, 9:10:23 PM9/28/15
to Raymes Khoury, Bill Budge, Pepper-dev, Antoine Labour
No obvious concerns. As an FYI, HTML5 video handles this with CanReadWithoutStalling():

Antoine Labour

Sep 28, 2015, 9:15:14 PM9/28/15
to Raymes Khoury, Bill Budge, Pepper-dev, Dale Curtis
On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Raymes Khoury <ray...@chromium.org> wrote:
+piman@
+dalecurtis@

I'm not exactly sure but Antoine or Dale might know if there are any concerns to be worried about.

No concern here.

Antoine