Observed crash on iOS, need help

Tao Cui

Aug 1, 2019, 1:50:49 AM8/1/19
to net-dev

hi,

We observed a few crash after we integrated cronet into our app for iOS platform:

crash.png

based on the crash stack, it crashed when trying to detach the same thread twice?

Do you think it's normal that the same thread was detached twice?

Regards,

Tao

Eric Roman

Aug 1, 2019, 1:19:39 PM8/1/19
to Tao Cui, net-dev
Can you file a bug at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list with more details? (Then reply here with the link).

PlatformThread::Detach() doesn't make a recursive call so I wouldn't trust that part of the callstack.

Likely it is hitting an assertion failure due to pthread_detach() not returning 0.
Please include the log message from crash in the bug report.

Tao Cui

Aug 2, 2019, 6:13:27 AM8/2/19
to net-dev, cuita...@gmail.com

Eric,
I agree with you that the crash should be caused by that assertion.
I filed a bug, and you can see the details:

在 2019年8月2日星期五 UTC+8上午1:19:39,Eric Roman写道:

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:50 PM Tao Cui <cuita...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi,

We observed a few crash after we integrated cronet into our app for iOS platform:

crash.png

based on the crash stack, it crashed when trying to detach the same thread twice?

Do you think it's normal that the same thread was detached twice?

Regards,

Tao

Tao Cui

Aug 7, 2019, 12:46:56 AM8/7/19
to net-dev, cuita...@gmail.com
Hi Eric,

Any update on this issue?

在 2019年8月2日星期五 UTC+8下午6:13:27,Tao Cui写道:

Eric Roman

Aug 7, 2019, 3:33:32 PM8/7/19
to Tao Cui, net-dev
The bug is waiting on feedback from you

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/net-dev/b3620d33-b14b-4021-9ac5-4e654d033656%40chromium.org.
Message has been deleted

Daniel Xu

Sep 18, 2021, 3:21:50 AM9/18/21
to net-dev, cuita...@gmail.com
We observed similar crash when integrating cronet into our app for iOS platform.
crash.png
The cronet version we forked is 90.0.4402.0. Since the crash info is limited, we have no idea to reproduce it now, but this crash is happened occasionally and continuously.
Any solutions or ideas?

Stefano Duo

Nov 8, 2021, 8:28:06 AM11/8/21
to net-dev, Daniel Xu, cuita...@gmail.com
Can you reopen the associated bug (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=990294) and post your stack trace and log message there?

This will help routing the issue to the correct people and making it more visible to future queries.