Re: Design doc: unified partition alloc and allocation shim hooks

Kentaro Hara

May 9, 2022, 9:30:47 PM5/9/22
to Richard Townsend, memory-s...@chromium.org, Bartek Nowierski, Benoit Lize, Andre Kempe
@memory-s...@chromium.org

The proposed design LGTM. Just added a few comments on the doc :)

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:08 AM Richard Townsend <Richard....@arm.com> wrote:

Hi Bartek, Benoit, haraken

André (CC’d) has put together a design doc discussing a single dispatch mechanism for allocation observers. We think that this will give us a maintainable and flexible way of implementing post-mortem debug for Arm’s Memory Tagging Extension. We finally have some development hardware, so we’re interested in getting MTE ready for production and exploring new ways use it.

PTAL and let us know if you have questions or suggestions.

Best

Richard

Kentaro Hara, Tokyo

Andre Kempe

May 10, 2022, 6:14:03 AM5/10/22
to Kentaro Hara, Richard Townsend, memory-s...@chromium.org, Bartek Nowierski, Benoit Lize

Hej everyone.

Kentaro, thanks for having a first look. I amended my replies to your comments.

Best Regards,

André