history back intervention

Ojan Vafai

Mar 11, 2017, 2:29:28 PM3/11/17
to Nate Chapin, intervention-dev
I thought of a reasonable use case where the history back intervention (only put things in browser's back/forward history that have had a user gesture) won't do the right thing. Video sites that automatically transition to the next video when the current one is done.

Maybe we should add something simple to it like "Include it in the history if the user was on the page for more the N seconds"? I think this would still be pretty effective at curbing the auto-redirect abuse without breaking known use cases.

WDYT?