Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Rick Byers

da leggere,
23 lug 2015, 13:22:5623/07/15
a Yoshifumi Inoue, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev
Hey,
It looks we support the 'textinput' event but it's not in any current spec (or documented on MDN) - only in a previous version of the DOM 3 events spec.  Does anyone here know anything about this event?  Is it supported by other browsers?  Should we be working to remove it from blink?

Thanks,
   Rick

Dave Tapuska

da leggere,
23 lug 2015, 13:29:4223/07/15
a Rick Byers, Yoshifumi Inoue, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev

Yoshifumi Inoue

da leggere,
23 lug 2015, 21:51:3123/07/15
a Dave Tapuska, Rick Byers, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev
I'm trying to deprecate textinput and have tracking bug http://crbug.com/382814

Percentage of calling addEventListener with textInput.

TextInputEventOnInput 172,397,049 00.32%
TextInputEventOnTextArea 24,254,837 00.05%
TextInputEventOnContentEditable 9,767,086 00.02%

2015年7月24日(金) 2:29 Dave Tapuska <dtap...@google.com>:

Yoshifumi Inoue

da leggere,
23 lug 2015, 21:54:1323/07/15
a Dave Tapuska, Rick Byers, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev

Rick Byers

da leggere,
24 lug 2015, 08:42:5424/07/15
a Yoshifumi Inoue, Dave Tapuska, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev, Philip Jägenstedt
Awesome, thank you very much! Sorry I didn't search for the bug first.  Good luck!

Rick

Ojan Vafai

da leggere,
28 lug 2015, 17:16:3028/07/15
a Rick Byers, Yoshifumi Inoue, Dave Tapuska, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev, Philip Jägenstedt
There is a replacement for textInput called beforeInput. textInput was removed from the spec in deference to beforeInput by my urging. I see that implementing beforeInput is stalled on contention around beforeInput vs. user intention events crbug.com/342670Ideally we'd ship the replacement before removing textInput so that developers have an easy fix.

Can we try to figure out what we think the right API is and see if we can get a resolution on this at the editing F2F in Paris in August? FYI, I will likely be able to make it to that F2F and I expect we can get resolving this on the agenda.

Philip Jägenstedt

da leggere,
29 lug 2015, 07:22:1229/07/15
a Ojan Vafai, Rick Byers, Yoshifumi Inoue, Dave Tapuska, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev
The use counters for the textInput event are not encouraging:
It doesn't look like Gecko textInput or beforeInput, has beforeInput been implemented anywhere?

Is spec'ing textInput instead an option?

Ojan Vafai

da leggere,
15 set 2015, 13:16:0615/09/15
a Philip Jägenstedt, Rick Byers, Yoshifumi Inoue, Dave Tapuska, Levi Weintraub, yoi...@chromium.org, Kent Tamura, input-dev
For what it's worth, we made good progress on agreeing to implement beforeInput at the editing F2F in Paris. There's a bit of discussion around the name of the event going on right now, but once we resolve that (probably at TPAC at the end of October), I think we should move forward with implementing it and then deprecating textInput.
Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi