Presubmit error while trying to define a new try-bot

W. James MacLean

Sep 21, 2022, 2:52:11 PM9/21/22
to infr...@chromium.org
Hi,

I've tried to define a new try-bot following instructions at

but when I run the presubmit on it, I see errors like

testing/buildbot config checks
vpython3 ../../testing/buildbot/generate_buildbot_json.py --check (0.50s) failed
__main__.BBGenErr: The following nonexistent machines were referenced in the test suite exceptions: {'linux-blink-wpt-reset-rel'}

where 'linux-blink-wpt-reset-rel' is the name of the new try-bot I'm trying to define.

I'm guessing that this means I've missed running a script somewhere (I ran main.star, but I've also modified testing/buildbot/test_suite_exceptions.pyl). But maybe there's another config file I need to modify?

After re-reading the instructions, I'm still unsure what I'm missing. Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Pastene

Sep 21, 2022, 3:35:10 PM9/21/22
to W. James MacLean, infra-dev
Yeah, a definition for that builder is likely missing in one of the handful of files it's expected to show-up in. It's a little hard to tell from here what that is (could be //testing/buildbot/waterfalls.pyl?), so can you commit what you've got so far, run `git cl upload --bypass-hooks`, and link the resultant CL here? It'll still fail the presubmit checks, but we should be able to tell what's missing once it's in gerrit.