update on the goma -> RE API migration

Dirk Pranke

May 7, 2021, 5:35:21 PMMay 7
to infra-dev
Hi all,

In November I noted that we are planning to migrate from Goma to a new client that uses the Remote Execution API.

This is just a brief update on that migration: it's still moving along, though it is going a bit more slowly than we had initially hoped.

At the moment our priority is more on addressing internal migration issues and performance issues for our CI system, and so I do not expect us to get to a point where we can open source the client before early Q4 at the earliest.

However, we'll definitely keep folks apprised as we go and if anything changes.

Hope this is helpful,

-- Dirk