Main branch has been successfully created for all non-3p repos hosted on chromium-review

Normando Rosas

Jun 4, 2021, 1:42:27 PMJun 4
to mainbranch...@chromium.org

BCC: infra-a...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org, commi...@chromium.org

Tl;dr The Chops Source team has successfully created the main branch for all non-3p repos hosted on chromium-review.  Tool owners need to change their tools to read from the main branch instead of master; prioritize infra/infra, depot_tools, and chromium/src changes to happen early July.

Hello Chromium community,

The Chops Source team has successfully created the main branch  for all  non-3p repositories hosted on chromium-review; with this, we have reached the state 1 of our migration (Design doc). Tool owners need to change their tools to read from the main branch if such tools read from the master branch. The next steps for the migration are:

  • State 2: Make master branch stale or temporarily delete it, as a way to detect if there are more tools that need to be fixed. We plan to do this in 2021H2. We will be providing two weeks notice when this is about to happen for a repo(s).

  • State 3: Delete master branch (ETA TBD, depends on state 2).

Should you have questions you can contact us by submitting a bug here or at mainbranch...@chromium.org

Regards, Gavin, Josip  and Norman on behalf of the ChOps Source team.