[No action required] An update on automatic Bugdroid comments

'Andrew Chang' via infra-announce

Mar 8, 2021, 6:59:26 PM3/8/21
to infra-a...@chromium.org, chops-workflow-team

If you don't care about Bugdroid or automated commit updates on Monorail (crbug.com) issues, you can stop reading now.

TL;DR: Automated comments from Bugdroid will soon be made by Git Watcher.

Dear loyal Bugdroid users,

We are writing to inform you that we are deprecating Bugdroid and migrating its functionality to Git Watcher (go/gitwatcher). The migration in early March will have no impact on the automated comments in crbug regarding related commits, with the exception that the author will be Git Watcher (Git Watcher) instead of Bugdroid. If you rely on automation that parses comments by Bugdroid please update commenter-matching.

Please reach out if you have questions, concerns, or problems!

On behalf of the ChOps Workflow team,

-Andrew