Issue 1925 in chromedriver: Expose content settings in headless mode

skyos… via monorail

Sep 29, 2017, 1:02:54 PM9/29/17
to headle...@chromium.org
Updates:

Comment #9 on issue 1925 by skyos...@chromium.org: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c9

For language setting you can use the --lang command line flag.

It's not really feasible for us to support preferences in general because that code is excluded in headless mode. However content settings we could expose in theory, so I'll leave this bug open for that.

1. You were specifically CC'd on the issue

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

agr… via monorail

Sep 29, 2017, 1:18:44 PM9/29/17
to headle...@chromium.org

Comment #10 on issue 1925 by agr...@therightstuff.de: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c10

> For language setting you can use the --lang command line flag.

Unfortunately that does not change the Accept-Language headers. I still see German results and thus tests are failing.

johnc… via monorail

Oct 25, 2017, 12:03:18 PM10/25/17
to headle...@chromium.org
Updates:
Mergedinto: chromium:775911

Comment #11 on issue 1925 by john...@chromium.org: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c11

Preferences are not currently supported in headless Chrome.

savleenb… via monorail

Jan 17, 2018, 10:52:24 PM1/17/18
to headle...@chromium.org

Comment #12 on issue 1925 by savleenb...@gmail.com: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c12

Its a major blocker, the preferences work with firefox headless mode but not with Chrome

alexcla… via monorail

Jan 18, 2018, 3:39:31 AM1/18/18
to headle...@chromium.org

Comment #13 on issue 1925 by alexc...@chromium.org: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c13

The content settings are a chrome/ layer feature. Getting this to work in headless mode would be a large project, which isn't currently planned. Sorry.

m… via monorail

Nov 24, 2020, 3:07:14 PM11/24/20
to headle...@chromium.org

Comment #14 on issue 1925 by m...@niekvandermaas.nl: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c14

I was wondering if the situation is any different, 3 years later. More and more startup flags are being deprecated in favor of preferences (such as the language setting mentioned previously). It would be very helpful if we'd have preferences support in headless.

aryeh… via monorail

Feb 22, 2024, 9:44:56 PMFeb 22
to headle...@chromium.org

Comment #15 on issue 1925 by aryeh...@gmail.com: Expose content settings in headless mode
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromedriver/issues/detail?id=1925#c15

In theory this should work with headless=new?

Jerry Lee Daniel

Mar 10, 2024, 5:35:26 PMMar 10
to headless-dev, aryeh… via monorail, chrome...@monorail-prod.appspotmail.com
Loans, Project and Digital Investment financing available up to $500m.
Have a Business Plan, Fundable Project and Redeemable Collateral.

Whatsapp: +1 (620) 698 1272