FYI: Instructions for running a specific set of tests repeatedly with local mods on a specific trybot

Colin Blundell

Sep 19, 2022, 8:57:06 AM9/19/22
to Graphics-dev, sven...@chromium.org
Hi folks,

Over the summer I was looking to get swarming working for webl_conformance_validating_tests on Android. Thanks to a tip from sven...@chromium.org in a different context, I found a lower-overhead way of accomplishing the underlying goal of "repro test flake that has exhibited on a bot": Create a CL that, in addition to any desired code modifications, additionally locally modifies the relevant bot's arguments to run only the desired test(s) repeatedly.

This works in contexts where setting up swarming is difficult (as it is for webgl_conformance_validating_tests) and/or you're not provisioned to locally build the configuration in question.

Instructions for doing this are now here. Let me know if you have any problems with them!

Best,

Colin

Ken Russell

Sep 19, 2022, 6:26:16 PM9/19/22
to Colin Blundell, Graphics-dev, sven...@chromium.org
Hi Colin,

Thank you for figuring out a process for this stress testing, and especially for documenting it with an example! This will surely be useful to the entire team.

-Ken

Colin Blundell

Sep 20, 2022, 3:28:44 AM9/20/22
to Ken Russell, Colin Blundell, Graphics-dev, sven...@chromium.org
Thanks!

Zhenyao Mo

Sep 20, 2022, 8:45:29 PM9/20/22
to Colin Blundell, Ken Russell, Graphics-dev, sven...@chromium.org
This is very useful! Thanks Colin for documenting the trick and sharing!