Re: [chromium-dev] How does chromium draw frame

Rahul Patel

May 18, 2024, 12:56:08 AMMay 18
to Simon Ziegltrum, graphi...@chromium.org
Sure, thanks for the above input!

Looping graphics dev for the confirmation!

Thanks,
 Rahul

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 12:34 PM Simon Ziegltrum <zieg...@google.com> wrote:
I'm not involved in our graphics stack, but just recognized the time difference. I hope you'll get your answer in the main thread.

Best regards

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 21:31, Rahul Patel <patelrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, that's why I am not able to find the latest chromium code!

However in the latest branch/code i think the frame drawing happening here.

Could you please confirm?

Thanks,
 Rahul

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 12:24 PM Simon Ziegltrum <zieg...@google.com> wrote:
The talk is 3 years old. Did you try to lookup in older branches?

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 20:42, Rahul Patel <patelrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I was going though the "Life of a Pixel"  talk from the youtube, and i am not be able to find the place in skia_output_surface_impl_on_gpu.cc file where chromium send the draw command to gl for drawing the frame. example-  SK::Surface->Draw as per the below talk.

However do see, we have draw method being called at few of the places inside skia_output_surface_impl_on_gpu.cc , for example-
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 11.31.16 PM.png

Thanks,
 Rahul

Simon Ziegltrum

Software Engineer

zieg...@google.com
+49 173 1539510

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.