GrDirectContext

Lei Zhang

Feb 28, 2024, 5:09:13 PMFeb 28
to graphi...@chromium.org
Hi,

I'm working with a library that has APIs that take a GrDirectContext.
In a Chromium renderer process, what's the proper way to get one?
Should my code be using an existing one, or creating a new one for its
own use?

Khushal Sagar

Feb 28, 2024, 6:03:10 PMFeb 28
to Lei Zhang, graphi...@chromium.org
Ideally you shouldn't be using a GrDirectContext in the renderer process. It requires access to the underlying gfx API which is only available in the GPU process. There's a legacy code-path which supports it in the renderer with a GL backend but it's actively being removed.

Can you share more details about the use-case?

Lei Zhang

Feb 28, 2024, 6:09:11 PMFeb 28
to Khushal Sagar, graphi...@chromium.org
The code is currently closed source, but it's a drawing API that takes
a GrDirectContext*. The Google internal link is shortn/_Z7EzGw8wtj