[Query] Offscreen rendering for platform similar to linux

uzair jaleel

Apr 23, 2024, 5:40:17 AMApr 23
to Graphics-dev
Hello ,

We are currently working on platform similar to linux and render all composited content to an offscreen buffer like texture (gpu thread) and then forward that texture to browser process where its drawn on platform window.

GrGLTextureInfo info;
backend_texture_.getGLTextureInfo(&info))
info.fID; --> we fetch the texture from here and send it to browser in  SkiaOutputSurfaceImpl::DidSwapBuffersComplete()

Above code for fetching texture is done in SkiaOutputDeviceOffscreen class.

We are facing flickering issues on specific sites where elements have backdrop filters , image filters and other CSS filters. We suspect the drawing to Sk surface backed by GrBackend texture is not completed and hence we see flickering.

We tried adding "context_state_->gr_context()->flushAndSubmit(true);" in SkiaOutputDeviceOffscreen::Present() but it didn't help in fixing flickering issues on elements with CSS filters

Is there some way to make sure all the drawing to sk surface is completed ?

Any opinion would be of great help!

Thanks in Advance