Organizing a Fugu Summit this year

Thomas Nattestad

Jul 21, 2021, 8:23:52 AM7/21/21
to fugu-dev
Hi fellow fishies,

I want to kick off discussions about having another Fugu Summit this year. This would be similar to scope and goals as the Tokyo summit just ahead of TPAC in 2019.

The summit would be virtual and we can get creative about the format / structure we want to follow. I'll probably start a doc soon to gather thoughts on agenda and such but wanted to start by asking who was interested and what rough timelines work for teams? Feel free to have one person from each company chime in or if you're independent chime in yourself :)

One thought was to do it around the PWA summit in early October, though since it's virtual I'm not really sure what the advantage would be.

Cheers,
Thomas

Aaron Gustafson (HE / HIM / HIS)

Jul 21, 2021, 1:55:53 PM7/21/21
to natt...@google.com, fugu...@chromium.org

I’d be down with that. Lots to talk about on the Manifest front. I also want to spend a bit more time talking about widgets and how we might be able to make them a possibility cross-platform.

Cheers,

Aaron

xdgAEWGQCRxObR8AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Aaron Gustafson (he/him/his)
@AaronGustafson

PWAs + Accessibility + Web Standards,

Edge Developer Experiences

Ally Skills Workshop Lead, WebXT

Book a time with me! | Help create the Web We Want

Christian Liebel

Jul 22, 2021, 9:48:19 AM7/22/21
to Aaron Gustafson (HE / HIM / HIS), natt...@google.com, fugu...@chromium.org
Hi Thomas, all,

This is a great idea. I don't think it's too much of a problem if it would take place around the PWA Summit. After all, Fugu is a separate topic that complements PWA—so it actually fits quite well. I'll be happy to support you if you need any help.

Thanks!

- Christian