Private Aggregation client-side contribution merging in M129+

Alex Turner

Aug 16, 2024, 6:01:52 PMAug 16
to shared-storage-a...@chromium.org, fledge-ap...@chromium.org
Hi everyone,

Starting in M129, we plan to enable a new feature that will automatically merge together contributions for a report that have the same bucket and filtering ID. Additionally, contributions with a value of 0 will be dropped. This processing will be done before imposing the limit on the number of contributions per aggregatable report.

By merging together these contributions where possible, we can get additional utility out of the contribution limit. Otherwise, merging these sorts of contributions should not have any impact on the final outputs (i.e. summary reports). Note that this feature should not impact how you call the API or process the reports.

If you have any questions or comments, reply to this post or open an issue in the Privacy Sandbox Dev Support repository on GitHub.