Ramping FLEDGE origin trial back up and launching isolated experiments

876 views
Skip to first unread message

Kevin Lee

unread,
Mar 2, 2023, 11:25:14 AM3/2/23
to FLEDGE API announcements

Last month, we temporarily reduced FLEDGE origin trial traffic from 5% to 4% of Chrome stable for testing. The initial testing has concluded, and we plan to ramp FLEDGE back up to 5% from 4% for the unified experiment on Monday, March 13, 2023. The ramped-up users will be the same set of users that were ramped down. However, their previous interest groups have expired, since more than 30 days have passed since the ramp-down.


Also, to improve our testing process, and to continue observing the metrics of origin trial APIs, we are creating isolated experiments for each API, in addition to the existing unified experiment. The new FLEDGE + Fenced Frames isolated experiment will receive 1% of new Stable traffic.


With the ramp back up from 4% to 5% and the 1% isolated experiment, you will begin to receive a total of 6% of Stable traffic starting on Monday, March 13.  


For a deeper dive into these changes, please see the Relevance and measurement unified origin trial article on the Chrome blog. If you have any questions on this change, please file an issue in the FLEDGE GitHub repository.

Kevin Lee

unread,
Mar 13, 2023, 5:00:30 PM3/13/23
to FLEDGE API announcements, Kevin Lee

We initially communicated that we will begin the FLEDGE isolated experiment on Monday, March 13, 2023, but the new experiments will now begin on Thursday, March 16, 2023 due to the additional time needed for setting up the experiments. The 1% FLEDGE ramp back up from 4% to 5% will also occur on Thursday, March 16, 2023.


For a deeper dive into these changes, please see the Relevance and measurement unified origin trial article on the Chrome blog. If you have any questions on this change, please file an issue in the FLEDGE GitHub repository.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages