Issue 1514813 in chromium: Blurry on Linux / Wayland when scaled at 200%

1 view

ssiliveru via monorail

Jan 2, 2024, 1:42:18 AMJan 2
to flag...@chromium.org
Updates:
Labels: Triaged-ET Proj-Ozone OS-Linux

Comment #2 on issue 1514813 by ssil...@chromium.org: Blurry on Linux / Wayland when scaled at 200%
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1514813#c2

Tested the issue on the latest chrome version #120.0.6099.129 using Linux Unbuntu as per comment #0

Steps:
=====
1. Open System Settings and set scaling to 200%
2. Launch Chrome
3. Navigate to chrome://flags
4. Change "Preferred Ozone platform" from Default to Auto or Wayland

Observed that "windows and website content appeared without blurry"

Unable to reproduce the issue from TE-End.
Seems issue specific to wayland session adding "Proj-Ozone"

Attaching screencast for reference

Thanks

Attachments:
120-1514813.mp4 10.6 MB

1. You are auto-CC'd on all issues in component Internals>Flags

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

kmansoft via monorail

Jan 2, 2024, 1:52:08 AMJan 2
to flag...@chromium.org

Comment #3 on issue 1514813 by kman...@gmail.com: Blurry on Linux / Wayland when scaled at 200%
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1514813#c3

Hmm, definitely a thing fir me.

I'm using a 27 inch 5k monitor, your screen cast uses a 1080 monitor I think. If you don't have access to a 5k monitor can you try 4k? Maybe the system needs to be rebooted after changing screen scaling?
.
BTW I'm running Ubuntu 23.10 with gnome session

ssiliveru via monorail

Jan 3, 2024, 6:05:57 AMJan 3
to flag...@chromium.org
Updates:
Labels: TE-NeedsTriageHelp

Comment #4 on issue 1514813 by ssil...@chromium.org: Blurry on Linux / Wayland when scaled at 200%
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1514813#c4

As per comment #0, #3 issue seems specific to wayland which is out of scope from TE-end. Hence requesting the respective team to provide further inputs and adding "TE-NeedsTriageHelp".

Thanks.

kmansoft via monorail

Jan 3, 2024, 10:56:59 AMJan 3
to flag...@chromium.org

Comment #5 on issue 1514813 by kman...@gmail.com: Blurry on Linux / Wayland when scaled at 200%
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1514813#c5

Yes it's Wayland, were you using x11 for your test?