Re: Nested flags

Jason Chase

Oct 22, 2020, 3:18:03 PM10/22/20
to Olivier Yiptong, experimentation-dev, Jason Chase
Hi Olivier,

(+experimentation-dev for posterity)

Yes, you've run into an existing bug in the support for OT-linked runtime enabled features. On your CL, I see you've commented out the |depends_on| relationship as a workaround.

The comment mentions crbug.com/1000486. I think you might actually have run into a different bug: crbug.com/954679#c11. The first bug results in a compile error (in some scenarios). From your description, it sounds like it didn't work when running the test (i.e. not a compile error)?

Either way, there's bug(s) we should fix. I just wanted to make sure I understood your scenario, and whether we should add detail to one of the bugs.

Thanks,
Jason

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM Olivier Yiptong <oyip...@google.com> wrote:
Hi Jason,

I have an issue with a nested flag situation.
I'm building out a new feature under a flag. That feature is dependent on another one that's under Origin Trial.

Here's a sample CL:

That said, what I get is that the feature does not get enabled. If I remove the gating or I switch it to the top-level flag, everything works fine.

What's the best way to approach this?

Thanks,