Heads-up for a macOS 10.15 change

Avi Drissman

Jul 27, 2019, 4:26:43 PM7/27/19
to Chromium Embedders
I wanted to give a wider notice to the community about a change that I'm hoping to land into /chrome next week to support macOS Catalina's Universal Links. It will be a relanding of https://crrev.com/c/1703487 .

For /content embedders who watch CLs that land in /chrome for inspiration in their own codebases, note that the use of the SFUniversalLink API requires the com.apple.developer.associated-domains.applinks.read-write entitlement. That entitlement is by request-only, so be sure to request it from Apple and get approved before you use that API.

For /chrome re-users, well... that's not a layer we support reuse of, but I wanted to give you a warning anyway. The entitlement required by that CL is restricted by Apple. If you don't contact Apple and get your team id onto their allowlist for that entitlement, your app will crash on launch. (This is why I had to revert the change; see https://crbug.com/987210).

If you have questions, let me know, and I'll help to the extent that I can.

Avi

Avi Drissman

Oct 29, 2019, 4:20:45 PM10/29/19
to Chromium Embedders
This change was reverted the day after I landed it, but I'm re-landing this as https://crrev.com/c/1880530. The same caveats apply: this will not affect /content embedders, but if you want to reuse this code, you'll need to get a new .provisionprofile from Apple.

Avi