Re: Membership of web-platform-tests group on GitHub

Philip Jägenstedt

Jan 19, 2021, 10:33:00 AM1/19/21
to Stephen Chenney, ecosystem-infra
Hi Stephen, and cc +ecosystem-infra

I have sent an invite to the web-platform-tests org which you should be able to find in your inbox or at the top of https://github.com/web-platform-tests. I see that Mason and Stefan have pending invites too. Is there anyone else who should have an invite?

Best regards,
Philip

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 4:22 PM Stephen Chenney <sche...@chromium.org> wrote:
Hi Philip,

I tried adding a bug number to a failing WPT test but got a message that I needed to be a member of web-platform-tests on GutHub. Is that something you can help me out with?

This may start a small avalanche of requests from rendering core team members.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Stephen Chenney

Jan 19, 2021, 10:44:55 AM1/19/21
to Philip Jägenstedt, ecosystem-infra
I plan to bring it up at the team meeting today and ask people to let me know if they wish to triage. I'll put together a list and pass it on to you in one go.

Is that OK with you?

Cheers,
Stephen.

Philip Jägenstedt

Jan 19, 2021, 10:48:12 AM1/19/21
to Stephen Chenney, ecosystem-infra
Yep, if I get a list of GitHub user names it will be really quick to invite everyone in one go.

Stephen Mcgruer

Jan 19, 2021, 11:02:52 AM1/19/21
to Philip Jägenstedt, Stephen Chenney, ecosystem-infra
As an fyi, I was given a list by Anders a few weeks ago, and invited everyone from that list that wasn't already in it. (approx 80% were already members). But it's possible we overlooked some folks of course :)

Stephen Chenney

Jan 27, 2021, 8:27:14 PM1/27/21
to Stephen Mcgruer, Philip Jägenstedt, ecosystem-infra
Hi folks,

I just shared a doc with the GitHub ids for those requesting membership of web-platform-tests. Let me know how it goes when adding them. I'll address any problems and remind everyone to visit the page to accept the invite.

I don't know if you were appraised of the plan for Chrome EngProd to do a WPT triage pass trying to do the mechanical aspects of examining the failures and filing bugs for the dev team to look into. We'll run a trial for a couple of weeks starting Monday and see how it goes.

Thanks for all your help. It's very much appreciated.

Stephen.

Stephen Mcgruer

Jan 28, 2021, 10:36:32 AM1/28/21
to Stephen Chenney, Philip Jägenstedt, ecosystem-infra
I've invited all those listed in the doc (save for WeizhangX, who was already invited and hasn't accepted yet).

> I don't know if you were appraised of the plan for Chrome EngProd to do a WPT triage pass trying to do the mechanical aspects of examining the failures and filing bugs for the dev team to look into. We'll run a trial for a couple of weeks starting Monday and see how it goes.

I was not until Weizhong started asking me questions about it earlier this week :D. I must admit to being a little surprised - we've long stated that triaging requires domain expertise to be effective (Philip especially has been a voice there afaik), so I will be interested to see how this more mechanical approach goes.

> Thanks for all your help. It's very much appreciated.

No worries. Please keep filing bugs on us, there's lots of ways that metadata triage (and WPT support in Chromium in general) could be improved :)