Unable to get profile dumps in Linux

Arpit Rusia

Apr 15, 2015, 7:21:10 AM4/15/15
to dmp...@chromium.org, Ben Cheng, bigtop-web-te, Mayank Gupta
Hi Team,

I tried to get heap profile dumps on Linux following the instructions on here. But the profile dumps are neither generated automatically (using HEAP_PROFILE_TIME_INTERVAL) nor using command (chrome.memoryBenchmarking.heapProfilerDump(...)).

Here are the steps i followed to build chrome from source and get memory profiles: https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/document/d/1iLvKz_6kazFsE3CisJYFWTrAf9ZlnY8IKQJijVUj2ZY/edit?usp=sharing

I see the following console logs when chrome is running:  https://paste.googleplex.com/5018828232720384

Also i couldn't locate any dump at the location $HEAPPROFILE, when using chrome.memoryBenchmarking.heapProfilerDump("browser", "demo")

Is there something i am missing out here ? Can someone help me debug this or point me in right direction ?

Thanks & Regards,
Arpit

Arpit Rusia

Apr 16, 2015, 3:59:55 AM4/16/15
to Dolphin, Ben Cheng, Ting-Yuan Huang, dmp...@chromium.org, bigtop-web-te, Mayank Gupta
Thanks Chi-Ngai for the clear set of instructions. I will give it a try and revert back with the outcome.

Regards,
Arpit

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Dolphin <cn...@google.com> wrote:
No problem.

I wrote a short summary on the steps I came up with:

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:14 PM Ben Cheng <bcc...@google.com> wrote:
+cnwan

Chi-Ngni, could you share your steps with Arpit as you just tried DMP recently?

Thanks,
-Ben

Arpit Rusia

Apr 16, 2015, 12:28:22 PM4/16/15
to Dolphin, Ben Cheng, Ting-Yuan Huang, dmp...@chromium.org, bigtop-web-te, Mayank Gupta
It worked :)

I was able to get profile dump and analyse those to generate csv. Thanks again for the instructions.