Taking memory snapshot crash in Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Suren Madheswaran

Oct 18, 2021, 4:04:39 PM10/18/21
to devtools-dev
I tried to take memory snapshop and it crash every time in the chrome version Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64). I tried both mac and linux workstation with various websites but it always crashes

Go to any web site in "Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)" -> open developer tools -> memory -> take heap snaphot. Fails by saying "Devtools was disconnected from the page" (screenshot attached)
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.55.32 PM.png

Yang Guo

Oct 19, 2021, 4:01:32 AM10/19/21
to Suren Madheswaran, devtools-dev
Unfortunately the steps you describe are not sufficient for me to reproduce.

Do you have a concrete example of a web page for which this occurs?

Regards,

Yang

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 10:04 PM 'Suren Madheswaran' via devtools-dev <devtoo...@chromium.org> wrote:
I tried to take memory snapshop and it crash every time in the chrome version Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64). I tried both mac and linux workstation with various websites but it always crashes

Go to any web site in "Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)" -> open developer tools -> memory -> take heap snaphot. Fails by saying "Devtools was disconnected from the page" (screenshot attached)

Benedikt Meurer

Oct 19, 2021, 6:52:05 AM10/19/21
to Yang Guo, Suren Madheswaran, devtools-dev
Might be related to (or some issue as) https://crbug.com/1255105

--

Benedikt Meurer

Chromium DevTools TL

bme...@chromium.org

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Suren Madheswaran

Oct 19, 2021, 11:49:52 AM10/19/21
to devtools-dev, bme...@chromium.org, Suren Madheswaran, devtools-dev, Yang Guo
Thnx @benedikt Look like same issue. Will followup on the bug.

@Yank It happens on any website. I attached a screen video for same issue on google.com

Screen Recording 2021-10-19 at 8.43.13 AM.mov