Update on Dark Mode in DevTools

Jack Franklin

May 26, 2021, 9:40:33 AM5/26/21
to devtools-dev
Hi all,

Today we landed a CL to disable the legacy color patching that was responsible for generating the DevTools dark theme automatically by inverting the light theme colors. Thanks to everyone who contributed CLs, it was a mammoth effort to update over 200 CSS files! You can find the original design doc here.

Now this initial stage of the work is complete, there's follow-up work to be done which I've written up in this design doc. Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions.

Thanks,

Jack

Yang Guo

May 27, 2021, 7:51:56 AM5/27/21
to Jack Franklin, devtools-dev
Amazing. That's a really important milestone to achieve. I really appreciate the work that everyone put into this, especially Jack!

Cheers,

Yang